What is your favourite conspiracy theory that explains the mysteries of the ABC television series, Lost?

The vast number of mysteries on Lost have spawned some great conspiracy theories, ranging from the common (everyone on the plane actually died and the island is purgatory) to the not-so-common (the island is actually located inside a snow globe that is owned by an alien child, and the tension is caused whenever the... show more The vast number of mysteries on Lost have spawned some great conspiracy theories, ranging from the common (everyone on the plane actually died and the island is purgatory) to the not-so-common (the island is actually located inside a snow globe that is owned by an alien child, and the tension is caused whenever the child shakes the globe). Yet some of them are fascinating, and could be pointing to the answers that may help us understand this cryptic and terrific show.

I’m the author of Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide, an in-depth look at the show’s many mysteries and references. I’ve also written books on Buffy, Alias, Angel, and Xena, and I’m currently working on Finding Lost — Season Three: The Unofficial Guide, for publication in October 2007. You can read my regular television writing on my blog at nikkistafford.blogspot.com.
Update: Yahoo! Canada Answers staff note: Read more about Nikki Stafford and Lost on our blog: http://ca.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-OaJuSk4oRKeurd33aTnArj87yUd8E8djTA--?cq=1&p=631
Update 2: Just a note: I'm not asking necessarily for what your theory is, but what your favorite one has been. Have you heard a particular theory that was so off the wall you couldn't stop laughing... and then thought, "Whoa. What if they're right?"