can someone like help me with this?

Can someone give me like a site where i can find short stories like from a persons point of view about the painting Starry Night (like exactly 2 pages) I need it by tomaro and im kind of runnin out of time i have a book report, essay and 2 test tomaro that i have to work on and study for, so if someone could give me a site like with that kind of information that would be great! thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My painting is Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh, which he did in June 1889 while he was in an asylum in Saint Remi de province. The painting portrays a swirling skyscape filled with yellow glowing stars above a small town with rolling hills. The dark formation in the foreground has often been described as the tip of a tree, but art historians claim it’s purpose is to direct the eye towards the sky. Starry night is one of Vincent van Gogh’s best known paintings and is ranked among the most expensive paintings in the world. (7 of which are also by van Gogh) The painting is currently in the permanent collection of the Museum Of Modern Art in New York City. Starry night is one of the most well known images in modern art culture as well as one of the most replicated and sought after paintings. It has also impacted various artists all over the world, such as Don Mclean who wrote the hit song starry, starry night, named after the painting. This painting is significant to van Gogh’s work as he painted it purely by memory unlike most of his other paintings and he did it indoors instead of outdoors which he usually preferred.

Vincent Willem van Gogh was a Dutch painter, considered to be one of the greatest painters in European art history. He produced all his work during a period of only 10 years before he became mentally ill and took his own life due to a mental illness. He enjoyed little success during his career as he only sold one of his paintings, and it wasn’t until after his death that his name and his work began to become known. On March 17, 11 years after his death 71 of his paintings were viewed at a showing in Paris. Vincent was born in Zundert on March 30th 1853 and committed suicide July 29 1890. Son of Anna Cornelia and Theodorus van Gogh, a protestant minister. Vincent took interest in his father’s work and it would be later drawn to it further down the road. At age 16 van Gogh started to work for the art dealer Goupilator and company in the Hague. Vincent was also a talented writer which was revealed to the world in 1914 when a series of letters between him and his younger. In 1873 he was transferred to London then to Paris. He became increasingly interested in religion, and it was that which led to him getting fired due to lack of motivation. Shortly after he became a teaching assistant then returned to Amsterdam in 1877 to study theology. A year later he dropped out and became a lay minister in Belgium. Six months later he was dismissed and it was then that he began to do charcoal sketches. Vincent’s brother Theo often suggested that he take up painting full time and in 1880 he took his brother’s suggestion.

Other examples of van Gogh’s work include “potato eaters” which was considered his first Great piece of work, which he did in 1885. And the sunflower collections which he did in 1888, in Arles. Van Gogh’s contemporaries include Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and Bernard. One of the instances that Vincent van Gogh is most recognized by is the incident between him and Paul Gauguin who at the time were at a meet discussing art turned when it turned into an argument that resulted in Van Gogh suffering a mental breakdown and cutting off his left ear. Although dead Vincent van Gosh continues to amaze and inspire artists everywhere, more information about him can be found at www.vangoghmuseum.com which is the website for the museum in Amsterdam dedicated to him and his work.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

yeah, with like your lack or an ability to like spell or not like use the word like it might be better that you work on your education and time managment skills then skimp by...

• Batty
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Like.

Like?

Like, like & like.

Sheesh. Like.

• mali
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

try to use answers .com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.