TJ asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

How do you camouflage paint your rifle?

I have seen numerous pics of Special Operations guys with painted M4s. I have read about a particular type of paint called bouflage however, I can't find any information on how to paint/camouflage your M4, or any other rifle. I would like to know, how to, what colors, and patterns etc. A link would be helpful to, just to save your hands from typing. Thanks in advance.

• DJ
    Favorite Answer

Please don't use paint out of a spray can on a rifle, it just doesn't cut it, unless you want it to look like something some guy did in his garage. When you handle your firearm, that camp spray paint will wear off and really look bad.

Check out these guys, they make a very durable finish and have some great camo stencil kits you can buy as a package.....

As much as I hate it when people paint their guns, in order to do it right you should go to Brownells.com and look for Gun Coat or Kote (not sure how they spell it). It's a spray and bake on finish that prevents rust and is pretty damn tough. They also sell stensils for all different types of Camo and even Diamond Plate look. This will at least look professional and not like some good ole boy with a can of paint and some leaves from the yard.

On my hunting shotgun I just use mud. I make a little mud from the dirt where I am hunting and smear it on my shot gun. When I am dun hunting I just take a garden hose and spray it off and it is as good as new. I also have slip on padded cammo cover that covers my gas tube and fore stock and another that slips over my butt stock. My shotgun has black baked on enamel paint and is a very tuff finish so I would not do this if it was a blued shotgun. the guys that I hunt with laugh at me every time they see the mud allover my shot gun but it works and it is cheep. Buy the way the 2 shotguns that I use for hunting are a 20 ga Saiga and a 12 ga XIN-SHI-DAI SAS12 both are all black.

You can use flat enamel in earth colors to camo your gun,brown,green,black,tan,make sure you use flat paint, not gloss.As far as a pattern ,that is entirely up to you

I don't know about camouflage paint but cabel's has material wraps in real tree you can buy.

Check out various shooting websites to see what others are doing. There are plenty of examples out there, and you'll get tons of advice from others who've camoed their rifles.

Eg. ar15.com, snipershide.com, etc.

sell your sniper and buy a pc then take a **** every now and then and also play counterstrike and terraria a gorrila moans just like a black person is that weird

you can get different types of camouflage tape to put on your gun or bow. they even have camo duct tape.

Badass man, badass.