clomtancy asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

History of dogs?

I have read a couple of interesting stories about dogs and am curious what was he oldest recorded species?

first story:

A group of explorers lands on a group of islands and sees some birds that were very beautifull. They decided to call them canaries.

Several years later the same group came back to the islands and found dogs and no birds.

the called these K-9's.

today those islands are the Cannarie Islands.

Story 2:

Way back (not sure exactely when) there was a chineese emporer who hated dogs. he hated em so much that he ordered them all destroyed.

However smuglers and dog loving people were able to save some.

that is why even today Chinese Shapase's are not huge in numbers.

what else is a really old type of dog?

Update:

you got to love some of the answers i get.

I get told i'm wrong but yet the answers practicaly are the same.

What the hell do you think i was talking about? of course its named after dogs...

and birds

thats what i said./

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The oldest breeds of dogs are the Dingo and the New Guinea Singing Dog. Of more common breeds, Afghan Hound, Akita, Alaskan Malamute, Basenji, Chow Chow, Lhasa Apso, Pekingese, Saluki, Samoyed, Shar-Pei, Shiba Inu, Shih Tzu, Siberian Husky and Tibetan Terrier.

Your stories are nice however the first one is incorrect. How the islands are named has never been confirmed however it was either by the Romans after wild dogs found on the island or after a north African tribe known as the Canarii.

• 1 decade ago

Here ya go! It really is amazing the fascinating stuff I come across!

Why don't you re-post your Q in Dogs. They have experts there that don't deed a darn search engine!

Oh. "God mad it!" eh? Stop asking so many questions!

• 1 decade ago

so your asking how the heck the dog came? simple: God made it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.