Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & Gear · 1 decade ago

can you play nintendo wii online?

can you play online like xbox live with different people?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can play Nintendo Wii online if you have a router somewhere in your home. Also, if you don't have a router, you can connect your Nintendo Wii with a Linux server to connect you onto the Internet. Yes, you can play with different people all over the world. It automatically lets you select your game, or the other person, then, you play. You can buy a Linux server on the Internet, the router is something that helps your computer connect onto the Internet along with a modem.

Itself, the router, and the modem hooks onto the computer, some people use it to get the signal from the company's system with the router, unlike how some other people use underground wires. I hope my information helped, find out more about me by clicking on my avatar!

Both the answers currently on this question suprise me. Everything I've seen about online play says the answer is "not yet." I have a Wii at home and not a single game I've tried has any online options (granted, I've only played about 5 of them). The Wii itself can connect to the Interent wirelessly, but there aren't any games that take advantage of that. I've seen it mentioned, though not seen it confirmed anywhere, that Nintendo just released the online API (Application Programming Interface) to game developers a few days ago. If this is true, I'd expect that in the next few months some online games should start to appear.

yes, you need a wireless router in your home or if you know where there is a hot spot, it has a wireless card inside the system.

Source(s): my son

YES YOU CAN BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE WIRELESS INTERNET YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE

Source(s): I'VE PLAYED WII SPORTS ONLINE