i just recently fell in love with the band "30 seconds to mars" but i cant figure out what those symbols mean

can abyone tell me what those 4 symabals mean and if there are more???

Favorite Answer

woot! yay! i love 30 seconds to mars, they are so good, especiially 'the kill' (love the video, jared pwha) and 'beautiful lie' and 'from yesterday'

oh the logo is The band's phoenix logo (which the band named "Mythra") bears the phrase "Provehito in Altum", the band's motto. Roughly translated from Latin, this means "Launch forth into the deep". The logo was primarily used for promotion of the band's debut self-titled album, whereas for their second release, A Beautiful Lie, the new Trinity logo was created consisting of three skulls, along with the band's name and motto. The four symbols/glyphics represent:

The first glyph - Two 3s interlocked = thirty

The second glyph - A watch = seconds

The third glyph - The roman numberal 2 inverted (look at the white, not the black) = to

The fourth glyph - Circle (planet) with two dots (moons) = Mars

so basically they spell out 30 seconds to mars.. clever eh!

and yeah i must agree they are abit of poser band, and i dont like jareds emo look, he doesnt suit the black eye makeup.

• The symbols or "glyphs" are as follows:

Two intertwined threes, representing thirty

The hour and minute hand on a clock, representing seconds.

The three white lines form a introverted two, (the two lines in between the three) represent to.

And finially mars and it's moons represent mars.

So the symbols stand for Thirty Seconds To Mars.

Some people think the first symbol is Leto, however, as all the letters in their last name can be found in the first symbol.

However, as Jared has always been a fan of things such as these-heiroglyphics and whatnot, there is speculation as to whether or not Jared simply made these symbols up.

Other symbology of the band is their phoenix, representing eternal life and rebirth.

There is also "Provehito In Altum" (latin) the band's motto which translates to "Launch Forth Into The Deep"

There is also a symbol to represent this, a red arrow that is a visual version of Provehito in Altum

And there are four more symbols that are found on the booklet of the first CD, which we're not entirely sure the meaning of.

There is also the "X" which means dividing and multiplying, it also represents unity.

They also use the Skull or Trinity Seal and it represents power.

Hope this helps, and may I say, you've chosen an AMAZING band to gain interest in.

Source(s): Most of this was just stuff I've learned being the huge fan I am, but this site might be helpful as well. http://thirtysecondstomars.emiforums.com/index.php...

Thats easy they mean nothing. Roxanne, please understand you do not wan to fall in love with this band. I have been a musician for about 11 years. 30 seconds to mars, is a pretty boy group. There are two actors in the band. This historically is not a good thing. The truth is the symbols you mentioned really don't mean anything. There are there so you will inquire about them, thats it. That way the idea of 30 seconds to mars sticks in your head. Then after you are hooked and have payed gobs of money on ther albums and concerts one day they will say the symbols mean "universal truth" or some garbage like that. Please pickup some death cab for cutie, or nirvana. That is real music, in the long run I am sure you will enjoy it more.

I really think they stand for 30 Seconds To Mars.I forgot where I got that from.I think I watched a video and Jared said it did..

Don't know either, but I also just found this band. Have you seen the music video "from yesterday?" Hope someone actually answers your question...

Jared Leto is a poser. Why did he go emo all of a sudden? He's at least 30, too old to be playing the emo game. I'm sure his band name means nothing of importance.

don't wory love come to heven and go to heven

Source(s): its a man say and world wide book i will finde