Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

is this name to long?

I want to name my baby Tyson Richard William Guignard. After my stepdad (he always wanted a son named Tyson) my uncle (who passed away almost 10 years ago) and my grandfather (whos middle name is william) but everyone thinks the name is to long. I keep telling them that it is my son and i will name him whatever i want, but they keep insisting that its to long.

• essdee
    Favorite Answer

Mostly he will be called Tyson Guignard (assuming that is the surname?) which is lovely, and the other names mean a lot to you - my husband has 2 middle names as well, and he mostly initialises them, so he is John A. B. (surname) they are family names, so important to him but we did not have any sons to pass them on to.

Take no notice, he is your son!

No I don't think so because people aren't going to call him Tyson Richard William Guignard all the time. He will be known as Tyson Guignard. I think it's nice to name kids after loved ones. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. You know what is right for you. Take care.

Well, it's long, but not ridiculously, royal-family-name long. I think that because each name has a personal, family connection it makes it easier to get away with. Unlike some people, who just randomly throw in any name they ever heard on a soap opera.

If it's special to you go with it, your son will probably very rarely introduce himself as "Tyson Richard William Guignard" anyway, so the extra middle name can just remain something special among the family.

You are right it is your son!!! Name it him whatever you want!! In my opinion it is too long but my opinion really doesn't matter. It is your child. You have put a lot of thought into the name and that is really special, plus we don't normally use all our full names for very much at all. I am sure he will be called Tyson, right? so no problem, go with what you like!

Name your baby whatever you want, especially if there is a significant meaning for each name. How many people give their kids terrible names w/ no rhyme or reason. Besides, everyone will call him Tyson. My daughter has 2 middle names and I only call her full name when she's in trouble!

I don't think it's too long. Besides, how many people will actually call him "Tyson Richard William?" It's your baby, and I think that's a great name. Good luck!

I think you answered your own question~ he is your son, and you can name him whatever you want! I think the meaning behind the name is very special. He will also think so, I'm sure. What a wonderful tribute to those you love. Don't worry about what tother people say. We named our daughter something very unique, and I had to listen to all the negative feedback from snotty old family members for months! (still do, actually :) ) But we love her name, and that's all that matters. That's the wonderful thing about being his mommy! It's your decision. Good luck, I think it's a name to be proud of.

Guignard is the last name right? Its not too long. I think its awesome when kids have 3 names. Its not like they have to write the whole thing down all the time. I'm going to give my son 3 names someday!

Good Luck & God Bless! ;-)

Go for it

Tyson Richard William may be a little long.

Congratulation

Middle name/s aren't used that often, unless you were around my Mom when I got in trouble. ;^)

I think that the reasons and the people you are going to name your son after are more important then what people are telling you to do. In the long run, when he grows up, you can share all the reasoning behind his name and give him a sense of pride in his FULL name.