Zoloft and Weight Gain/Loss?

My doctor recently prescribed .25 mg per day of Zoloft for anxiety disorder, panic disorder and OCD. In reading up on the drug online I saw that a significant amount of people complained of weight gain. When calling his office and inquiring about this, he said that as a side effect it wasn't common (the more... show more My doctor recently prescribed .25 mg per day of Zoloft for anxiety disorder, panic disorder and OCD. In reading up on the drug online I saw that a significant amount of people complained of weight gain. When calling his office and inquiring about this, he said that as a side effect it wasn't common (the more common is weight loss) and most of peoples complaints were due to an increased appetite and to watch my portions and exercise and it shouldn't be a problem. In reading further consumer reports, I'm not sure I agree with this. I've tried prozac, wellbutrin, and paxil with no help and some with bad side effects. Priorly my doctor prescribed Lexapro but I didn't have it filled so I'm not sure what it would do. Does anyone know if 1) Zoloft will absolutely make a person gain weight, and 2) If there is something else to try that will help treat the above without weight gain, or 3) how to cope with the weight gain so it's not bad or at all? I'm short and don't want to gain 20+ lbs.
49 answers 49