Zoloft and Weight Gain/Loss?

My doctor recently prescribed .25 mg per day of Zoloft for anxiety disorder, panic disorder and OCD. In reading up on the drug online I saw that a significant amount of people complained of weight gain. When calling his office and inquiring about this, he said that as a side effect it wasn't common (the more common is weight loss) and most of peoples complaints were due to an increased appetite and to watch my portions and exercise and it shouldn't be a problem. In reading further consumer reports, I'm not sure I agree with this. I've tried prozac, wellbutrin, and paxil with no help and some with bad side effects. Priorly my doctor prescribed Lexapro but I didn't have it filled so I'm not sure what it would do. Does anyone know if 1) Zoloft will absolutely make a person gain weight, and 2) If there is something else to try that will help treat the above without weight gain, or 3) how to cope with the weight gain so it's not bad or at all? I'm short and don't want to gain 20+ lbs.

Favorite Answer

according to a drug database i have access to as a pharmacy student, > 10% of people on Zoloft experienced anorexia (loss of appetite) as an adverse event, where weight gain and increased appetite were in the 1-10% range. You've probably been seeing weight gain as a side effect all over the internet because who would complain about LOSING weight? not many people! So while more people may be losing weight while on Zoloft, they are not complaining as much as the fewer people who ARE gaining weight. Watching your diet and food intake (as any normal person should do!) will help control your weight, whether it be gaining or losing weight.

1

Source(s): Shed lbs fast with this... https://briskurl.com/?8p2aw

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Zoloft and Weight Gain/Loss?

My doctor recently prescribed .25 mg per day of Zoloft for anxiety disorder, panic disorder and OCD. In reading up on the drug online I saw that a significant amount of people complained of weight gai...

Source(s): zoloft weight gainloss: https://knowledge.im/?s=zoloft+weight+gainloss

Typical Side Effects: The usual for SSRIs - headache, nausea, dry mouth, sweating, sleepiness or insomnia, and diarrhea or constipation, weight gain, loss of libido. Most everything but the weight gain and loss of libido usually goes away within a couple of weeks, and Zoloft tends to be a little lighter on everything except those two as well. Like Prozac it can just kill your appetite completely instead of making you gain weight.

Every body is different. You may or may not gain weight.

Zoloft And Weight

I have heard that Zoloft causes weight loss, not weight gain. The best thing to do is watch what you eat and have healthy snacks available instead of chips, candy, etc.

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

Don't ever take the sleeping pills route!!

1. They will damage your liver big time and you can get into serious health problems.

2. You will get hooked up on them and you won't be able to have a normal life any more if you don't take your pills everyday.

The sleeping pills industry is damaging our health by capitalizing on our ignorance, and by distracting people from effective and natural ways to deal with this problem. I had been taking prescription sleep medications [Ambien] for over 5 years. It stopped working and I simply took more. Still did not work. Nights were very difficult - medication put me to sleep but I would wake up after 2–3 hours with a strong sympathetic response (fast pulse, pounding heartbeat, wide awake alert). It was a very difficult cycle to break. I was really in bad shape due to lack of sleep.

After years of struggling I was able to cure my insomnia naturally and pretty fast. I followed the Sleep Tracks sleep optimization program, here is their official web -site if you want to take a look: http://www.insomniacure.net

Ohhh..and Good Luck!

Music making you eat more. According to a survey by the journal Psychology in addition to Marketing, soft, classical tunes encourage that you take time over your dinner, so you consume more foodstuff. So, switch off – silence will make you more aware of what you’re adding your mouth.

Buy smaller plates. Little crockery means portion control is quite a bit easier – those diminutive servings suddenly look huge and you’ll be happier to take less.