Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do additional safety features pay for themselves via cheaper insurance rates?

Specifically anti-lock brakes and side curtain airbags, on a small sedan. I'm planning on buying a new or less used vehicle soon. The only things that matter are: gas efficiency, reliability, and a low total price to own.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes they do but you also have to have great credit to get the best rate. The credit check is the way they get you for a higer rate even with the safty features.

• 7 years ago

Compare quotes from the best companies at - INSUREGRADE.INFO-

RE Do additional safety features pay for themselves via cheaper insurance rates?

Specifically anti-lock brakes and side curtain airbags, on a small sedan. I'm planning on buying a new or less used vehicle soon. The only things that matter are: gas efficiency, reliability, and a low total price to own.

• 5 years ago

I would recommend that you try this internet site where onel can compare quotes from the best companies: http://quotes-for-insurance.net/index.html?src=2YA...

RE :Do additional safety features pay for themselves via cheaper insurance rates?

Follow 15 answers

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Are you aware that you can find low cost car insurance quote online from reputable companies? Well, I found at http://www.lower-quotes.net/

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You can always use: INSUREQUOTE.US to compare quotes and find the best option for you.

• 5 years ago
  • 1 decade ago

Yes they should. but the best way to find out for sure is to ask your current insurance agent. They deal in this stuff everyday and would be glad to try to keep you as a customer.

• 1 decade ago

yes. side airbags, curtain airbags, all wheel drive, traction control. all those things will lower insurance rates.go to Edmunds .com it will tell you everything you need to know even the true cost of ownership.

• 1 decade ago

They should but they dont, the insurance companys still charge outrages prices evan though cars have never been safer

• 6 years ago

Compare insuran ce quotes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.