Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Adding things to brownies?

I am a novice cook, as my expertise is mainly on the grill BUT I have made my own brownies from scratch. What I am contemplating is adding minimarshmellows and crumbled graham crackers along with the chunks of chocolate I already have in it to make it a kind of s'mores/brownie combo. Has anyone tried this, and how do you think it will affect the cooking time. If you think it's a good idea, what are some good possible names for this concoction?

These are not Rocky Road Brownies, since my nephew is allergic to tree nuts, can't have any walnuts almonds, so it is more akin to S'mores than Rocky Road. And Rocky Road does not contain graham cracker.

Favorite Answer

Yummo!

I have made similar brownies before, with everything except the graham crackers.

This is what I would do:

I would add the chocolate chips to the batter. Those won't really affect the cooking time, and will just add extra yumminess. The cooking time will depend on the size of the batch. For a 9 by 13 pan (my recipe calls for 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, 4 eggs, 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp vanilla and 1 cup chocolate chips/chunks) you would bake for 22-25 minutes. Then, what I would do it take the pan out, sprinkle on the graham crackers and spread about 1/2 pound of mini marshmallows over the top of those, and put it back in the over for 3 minutes to melt the mallows. Then, take it out, let it cool, then frost them. You could even spinkle more mallows and grahams over the top of the frosted product. I think that would work well. Here is my secret (not anymore) recipe for frosting.

3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1/3 cup soft butter

1/4 cup cocoa

1 eggs plus enough water to make 1/3 cup

1 tsp vanilla

Blend well with a hand mixer.

As for the name: Chris' Famous S'mores Brownies

I have actually tried this and actually I also added toffee chips as well. This does not cut into cooking time, however each oven is so different!

As for a name, Chris's Smores Brownies :)

You know something else I have tried with brownies that tasted wonderful was making a fudge recipe but not quite cooking it to the soft ball stage, add chips, nuts, marshmellows and what ever your heart desires AFTER it's done and use this as a FROSTING, omg..... wonderful!

Good Luck & It's Nice to see more manly men cooking!

Source(s): Mom of 3

YES...Trying new things is how you do it!! Remember to write down how much of what you add so if it does turn out good then you will remember. Not sure if you should add graham crackers to the mix...maybe crumble it on top or bottom, or top and bottom? Just keep an eye on them and you will know when they are done. Hope this helps a bit???

Marshamellows burn quikly I suggest no. Graham crackers I think will mess up the taste of the brownie. Why don't you try something else. You know that macedania nuts are good.

the marshmallows will cook before the brownies causing a disaster of the dessert

put a ghram cracker crust, pour brownie mix over top, bake and 5 mins b4 done add mini marshmallows.

Smore Brownies!

sounds awesome, it shouldnt change the cooking time at all.

They're called rocky road brownies and it's been done before, google it.

If you add marshmallows to the brownies, you'll have little choice but to call them "marshmownies".

That sounds very good. I wish i had a man and a cook wrapped into one.

Source(s): Sounds Good.