homeless shelter in sarasota florida...would like to take in a family with children through the night too cold

i was watching the 11 oclock news and they said that the salvation army was turning away people due to full occupancy. My husband and I are considering taking in a family for the night and would like to know who to contact? Salvation Army Shelter is not listed. It is going to be very cold out and we would like to help!

• TPhi
    Best Answer

Be very careful about doing this. I know your heart is in the right place, but there's some not-so-good people that stay in those shelters. A better idea would be to contact your church pastor if you have one and see if the church can be used to let them stay overnight in the recreation room or something. Get a couple of volunteers to bring mattresses or cots and stay with them overnight. Either that or contact your local police station and see if they have any information on who to contact.

Remember, you need to be careful, okay?

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

Thank-you for been Cinda to people.I think you should call your Church for the phone numbers around your location.good luck and thank-you again.

I wouldn't. You'll wake up dead.