Good lesbian movies?

Like "Imagine Me and You" or "Kissing Jessica Stein"?

Favorite Answer

My favorites:

1) Mango Kiss- if you're kinky, this one is a lot of fun. Hilarious and romantic/sweet. A little low-budget, but still nicely made and with hot butches like Michelle Wolfe (yum!).

2) Better Than Chocolate- the lesbian movie I recommend to everyone. Perfect, brilliant story- just the right amount of drama in the form of coming out and discrimination, without being too heavy or sad, romantic, sweet, funny, beautiful.

3) But I'm a Cheerleader- that funny camp lesbian movie that's still romantic, sweet, and not too over-the-top. I absolutely adore it. And Clea Duvall is my favorite lesbian character.

4) If These Walls Could Talk 2- an HBO movie that feels a little disjointed (what hooks the three storylines together is that they take place in the same house). But it's good to watch, brings a lot of lesbian issues to the light, and is probably the most accurate portrayal of lesbians that I've seen in a long while. Plus, watching a butch Chloe Sevigny make it with Michelle Williams is reason enough to watch.

5) Bound- not really much focus on the lesbian angle, but still a really great story all around (very tense, dramatic, on-the-edge of your seat absorbing sort of stuff), and Gina Gershon as a hot butch handygirl and Jennifer Tilly as her smoking hot femme.

6) Tipping the Velvet- based on the great (better) book. It's fun and sweet, and I'm enamored with 19th century British male impersonators. Who wouldn't be?

Avoid at all costs:

1) Lost and Delirious- over-the-top, way too melodramatic story of boarding school girls in love. It might have been a better movie had they just treated the story a little more lightly- no cheesy music, etc.. Still, Piper Perabo as a lesbian . . .

2) It's In the Water- okay, okay, it's cute. But it's really dated, way too easily solved, and basically, is just fodder. But it's enjoyable if you want something really light and fluffy, made like a GLBT afterschool special.

Hope you find something good to watch!

Michelle Tea books are really good. I recommend Valencia or Rose of No Man's Land. Valencia is a memoir about the hardcore lesbian lifestyle in California in the 90s. Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden is a lesbian classic. Empress of the World is pretty decent. It's about girls at camp. As for movies, Loving Annabel is kind of interesting. It's about a lesbian student/teacher relationship. Thirteen is not a lesbian movie, but it has girls who explore sexuality. But I'm A Cheerleader is quite cute, as it has been mentioned in previous answers. The Kids Are All Right just came out, it's about lesbian parents and it was amazing.

Fire

It's In the Water

Bar Girls

Everything's Relative

Bound

But I'm A Cheerleader!

Clare de Lune

When Night Is Falling

Tipping The Velvet

The Girl

Better Than Chocolate

D.E.B.S.

Amour de Femme

http://www.netflix.com/GenreList?sgid=330&nfse=Y&p...

Better Than Chocolate

Go Fish

But I'm a Cheerleader!

Chutney Popcorn

The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love

Desert Hearts

Boys Don't Cry

Saving Face

• Xindy

Gia is a good one. It doesn't just focus on Lesbianism, but rather on the lifestyle of a model who happens to fall in love with another woman. It's a great movie. But be prepared to ball your eyes out when you watch it.

Well you just answered my two suggestions. I love those two. There's always - if these walls could talk 2. I saw Mango Kiss but that was a little strange.

a movie called GIA angelina jolie is in this movie and if these walls can talk 2,also lost and delirious.

• my summer of love

tipping the velvet

boys don't cry-Hilary swank