Blurry pic on Google Earth?

How does Google Earth work? Why can I see some places really well but my house/area is blurry?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Google Earth is made up of millions of images of the Earth, taken by satilite. Each image is a specific place on earth at certain zoom level. Now, even with millions of images, there are unfortunately many blind spots. Take into account that hi-res (you can see cars) images are only for urban areas, because of the sheer number needed, and many of those are out of date. Google has its hands full putting new images in through updates, requests, and new material, but is adding more every day. Keep in mind that there are limited satilites and there needs to be good conditions for pictures. (no clouds, good light, etc) If there is an area that you want put on, email the google earth team and they will put it on the list. You are, however, more likely to get a picture for a town than some obscure farm.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Google Earth and all satellite mapping sites gets their information from different sources. Some sources are from Satellite and some are from airplanes. They also use different resolutions for different areas. For example; New York City is going to be a high resolution area where Goodland, KS will probably not be that the highest quality photo. Additionally, Google Earth lets you zoom in more then the actual resolution of the photos so they will appear to be blurry. My guess is you are looking at something that is from a rural area or you are zoomed in to far.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Google Earth's database doesn't have high-res imagery of every location yet. Eventually the satellites will get to you.

• 1 decade ago

I have noticed that the more populated areas (cities, famous landmarks etc.) are a lot clearer than small neighborhoods.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its something called privacy. Google didn't want 6,618,381,950 people suing their *** of for showing pictures of them outside.

Source(s): common scents
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.