How do i set the channels on my car radio?

I have a '85 buick lesaber with the orginal radio in it. it has the standard 1-4 preset buttons, a tunning knob, and scan and seek buttons, but there is no "set" button, so i dont know how to change the preset stations, or the clock. It also has a button that says "DNR" which i dont know what it does.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

find a station you want to set then press and hold preset button #1 for a few seconds maybe 5-6, then repeat for 2-4.

• Login to reply the answers
  • tichur
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Explore setting am/fm to band desired, tuning to station, press and hold button until a number appears at side of station frequency. That tells you which button will deliver you to that particular station....repeat, tune to a different station, push a different button.

I think the clock can be accessed by pushing the tuning knob or volume knob...adjust time with seek+scan buttons or tuning knob???

DNR=Dolby Noise Reduction. You can use this when you are listening to a cassette.

• 1 decade ago

Most you just hold down the preset button for a few seconds while you're on the station you want to save.

DNR stands for Dynamic Noise Reduction. Probably for the tape player.

• 1 decade ago

hey there shold be all that info with the book u get with the car , i understand it is an older mdoel but take it to a repair garage and they will set them . and show u how

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

get to your station and hold the button coorisponding to that number you want it set to

• 1 decade ago

try gently pulling the buttons out. is this you?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31649

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.