Lomus asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Prego Pasta Sauce or Ragu Pizza Sauce ?

Hi,

I wonder if it's weird to put Prego Pasta sauce on pizza instaed of Ragu Pizza sauce. The reason is that the Ragu Pizza sauce is more expensive than the Pasta sauce. Is it a good replacement ? Or will it make the pizza bad ? Thanks

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It won't make your pizza bad but, the consistancy is thinner than pizza sauce. If you really want to use it you could try thickening it by adding a diced potato and simmering. Sugar will also thicken it but, you want to be careful not to get it too sweet.

• 4 years ago

Pizza sauce is pretty much the same thing. It's just a marketing ploy. You can use pasta sauce or plain tomato sauce with added herbs. I would use a better quality sauce than prego though.

• 1 decade ago

I use Prego Pasta sauce(Traditional flavor) when I make pizza's. Its a very good replacement. Don't be afraid to try it. You won't be disappointed.

• D'reux
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Pasta sauce would work just fine

If you need pizza recipes then go to

Foodnetwork.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I like prego better than ragu. ragu is too thin and runny while prego is thick and flavory.

• They both taste good, especially Prego.

Source(s): I tried it too.
  • 1 decade ago

You can thicken it with tomato paste. The one with Italian herbs. Contadina brand.

• 1 decade ago

It will not make your pizza taste that much different

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It sounds good, I'd try it!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.