What causes an enlarged and fatty liver?

I have severe diabetes, had 2 heart attacks last yr, I'm 40. my liver is "fatty" and enlarged. I am overweight, but was under or at normal weight level clear up until the dr removed the gallbladder, then i quit smoking and gained about 45 lbs since. the gallbladder i found out later did not need to be... show more I have severe diabetes, had 2 heart attacks last yr, I'm 40. my liver is "fatty" and enlarged. I am overweight, but was under or at normal weight level clear up until the dr removed the gallbladder, then i quit smoking and gained about 45 lbs since. the gallbladder i found out later did not need to be removed. i can eat a salad or drink a glass of tea or even coffee and all of a sudden my stomach is so bloated and hard as concrete. i was doing cardio and wt training as well as pilates and water aerobics...5 days a wk usually 4-5 hrs a day, and still could not lose an ounce of wt. what gives? i had blood work done last wk and was told today that my chol is 470 and trigyceride level is 790. she said everything is wayyy tooooo high. but im sure it is all related to the diabetes, heart condition (r coronary artery is clogged and too small for a stint) and fatty/enlarged liver. this scares me. thanks for your help.
14 answers 14