how do you register or trademark the name of an award show in the state of louisiana?

an annual costume contest

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    you fill out an application with the US patent and trademark office and pay a fee.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    To register a trademark, that's done either through your Secretary of State for a State trademark or the US Patent & Trademark Office for a Federal trademark.

    If you are only conducting business in one state, then a State trademark is most appropriate. If you conduct (OR are planning to conduct) business in at least 2 states OR between the US & any other country, you can file for a Federal trademark.

    Prior to investing your time, money & effort into a name, it is strongly advised that comprehensive research be conducted to ensure that the name you're interested in is truly available.

    This entails searching the pending & registered Federal and State trademark files as well as the US National Common-Law files. Then, if clear, you can decide if you would like to file for a Federal or a State trademark.

    Hope that helps! I wish you much success & happiness in all your ventures!

    Source(s): -- LA Secretary of State, Commercial Division – United States Patent & Trademark Office -- USPTO's Main Trademark Page
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Try the site below, make sure to change the location/state. Hope this helps.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.