Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 教育及參考書高等教育 (大學或以上) · 1 decade ago

有無人而家係英國讀緊公立學校??!!plz ans me!!

我而家中三打算過去讀但因為私立好貴,,所以mummy搵到d公立既!//

但係會唔會無咩中國人..?!

英國d人nice嗎..我想問點make friend with them..??

學校係咪唔駛著校服+唔會好似hk sch咁捉尼樣個樣..??

thz^^

Update:

大部分都好nice的嗎..?!

我真係好驚俾人bull...

Update 2:

make up 呢..??!

4 Answers

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

first, it depends on the area. Chinese are everywhere. so it's hard to say whether there are lots of chinese people in that particular school your mother is looking at. I would say it's better to stay away from the private schools because the discipline of the students is not as good as it's supposed to be.

british people are nice. i mean, you're just 15? 16? it's the age that everybody just mix with everybody. you have to be open-minded because of the cultural difference. but i'm sure it's just something you'll pick up a couple of years after you stay in england.

try not to make friends with chinese people on purpose because once you do, you would stick with the chinese people all the time, forming a "chinese circle". rather than saying the british are isolating chinese people, those chinese people are more like isolating themselves. that's not a good way to survive in a foreign country. plus, if you really want to learn english quickly, it's more efficient to make friends with british people.

you're required to wear uniforms up to A-levels, but certain schools (e.g. some grammar schools) require students to wear school uniforms throughout their stay in the school. one thing is that, generally, you have more freedom on your appearance in school in england than in hk, up to an extent of course. you are allowed to wear ear-rings, rings, bracelet, necklace, dye your hair, etc.

hope you'll make the most of this opportunity of studying abroad. good luck for everything!

2007-01-27 09:55:25 補充:

yes la, you can certainly wear make-up.

• 1 decade ago

good ans.

• 1 decade ago

我之前都係英國公立學校讀a-level,

我本身個到唔係太近大城市..所以中國人比較少, 但係對你黎學英文會更好...

英國d人有d真係好nice, d 老師好多都好好, 當然..有某部分仍然會有歧視你既情況出現..

洗唔洗著校服就睇你個間學校規定, 但係一定唔會好似hk咁乜都捉你..

• 1 decade ago

你係oversee係唔可以讀公立學校, 因為要俾錢。

中國人一定有, 睇下邊個city。

一啲nice, 一啲唔nice, 因為我哋係中國人。

英國係要著學服, 唔係美國呀!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.