Annie asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

why some people are afraid to go to the doctor when they are sick.?

• Fairy
    Favorite Answer

Because they are afraid to learn the truth.

there are many reasons why some people are afraid to visit a doctor when they're sick, here are the following:

1. they are shy because they have such illnesses especially those that are really private in nature such as std, aids, etc..

2. they can't afford....since today visiting a doc really is expensive..

3. they are afraid that if the public knows about it they might get rid of him/her...

4. they don't want to live anymore, that's why they are letting their illness to get more serious until...

5. they believe that their illness can be cured by some home remedies rather than visiting the doctor...

6. they are afraid that the doctor might give test and examines that will let the illness more serious...

7...and etc..

1. bills ( no money, no insurance )

2. afraid of what the doctors might find

3. inconvenience( too busy working )

4. denial ( especially men )

5. dont trust doctors ( especially men )

maybe not afraid of the doctor but the bills.

Because many doctors will tell you what you already know is wrong with you and charge you an expensive amount, just to tell you what you already know. I once had a spider bite. I went to a doctor. He charged me $85 just to tell me that since I didn't grab the spider, he couldn't tell me what it was. Umm.. DUH! Spider bite.. prescribe me antibiotics. But he couldn't. Some doctors do that and that could be why.

Because you are fodder for the pharmaceutical salespeople hanging out in the waiting area. You are what they test their products on. Evil ...

They are scared of needles and associate doctors with pain

they are afraid of what will be the outcome of the results..... ..some are afraid of the hospital bills............. and some they are afraid of the INJECTIONS.....

cause it might turn out to be much worse