LSATs vs SATs??

I am about to pursue an undergraduate degree. I had a hard time doing well on the SATs, even though I am in many honors and Advanced Placement courses at my regionally top ranked high school. Also, am in the top 15% of my hs out of 550 students, with a 3.67 gpa.

However, I have always wanted to be a trial lawyer. I have a deep passion for it and want to go to the best law schools in the country, such as University of Michigan, NYU, Notre Dame, Columbia, Brooklyn

Do SAT scores reflect and predict LSAT scores? If so, im shot.

• Linkin
    Favorite Answer

Brooklyn? Brooklyn Law School?

For the most part, the LSAT is pretty different from the SAT. Reading Comp is pretty similar, but otherwise, it's pretty different.

Still, the only way to find out is to start taking some practice LSATs.

One final thing to remember, the best trial lawyers don't always come out of the top law schools. Peter Angelos, owner of the Baltimore Orioles, went to Baltimore Law School. Johnny Cochran and Robert Shapiro both went to Loyola Law School (CA) I believe.

You'll quickly learn that the top law schools don't teach you practical skills as much as the lower ranked ones do.

Absolutely not. SAT's are supposedly designed to test aptitude (as oppose to knowledge), but in fact do not. You can test your english skills and math skills over and over again and improve your score thusly. The LSATS however require more critical thinking and problem solving and although test prep is recommended - it is seldom that they make a huge difference as such skills are largely either present or not in a person. Stop by a bookstore and flip through the LSAT test prep books - you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Moreover, don't hedge your bets in law - you're just going into University - and your interests will likely change in a few months. I used to want to be an engineer... now I'm studying to be a clinical psychologist.

completely different.

LSAT is a very different kind of test.

Nothing to underestimate, you will need to study for it and possibly take some Kaplan class or something, but I don't see any connection between SAT and LSAT.