what's the point in giving thumbs down???

when my questions and/or answers get thumbs down I feel hurt...

sometimes I run to my bed and cry...

How does getting thumbs down'ed make you feel?

ok...i don't really run off and start crying...

oh no don't kick the dog!!!

Favorite Answer

I know how you feel. I feel the same way. I hate when I put my 110% effort into a question and it gets a thumbs down. I once kicked my dog because I was so freaking angry!! I felt guilty and went out and bought him one of those flavored bones. I think he loves me again

Ok, first off I chuckled a bit when you said you run to your bed and cry, but I get where you're coming from. Even though it's just a stupid thumb you can't help but feel a little hurt knowing that somewhere out there someone thinks your question/answer sucked. Still, I get over it. It's not the end of the world.

• Nico

Some people ask disgusting or perverted questions or give bad answers that deserve a thumbs down. When I get a thumbs down I just ignore it. A lot of people do it just to be mean. Don't cry over it, some people are mean.

• Rola

The point of giving thumbs down is to tell other people that their question or answers suck. Some people abuse that privilige by giving thumbs down to every single answer exept theirs in the hope that they get a best answer. Dont worry about it... they just dont have a life. When I get "thumbs down" its because usually I say that I dont believe in god, so some church loving guy comes across it and gives me the thumb down. Oh well, on to the next one.

Most of the time, I get thumbs downs from people that lack the originality to formulate a witty reply of their own. There are plenty of haters. I'm not a hater, obviously. They can do what they like with their "thumbs down".

Source(s): ♥♥♥

it let's the person who answered and people who read the answer know that it was a dumb answer... doesn't affect me a bit because more than likely the person giving me a thumbs down is a moron.. watch how many thumbs downs i get on this answer

I don't like it, but I don't cry. Take it easy.

• icu

Doesn't bother me

it makes me want to kill myself!!! =[

lmao. just kidding.

Are you serious? -.-