CARL H asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

What is the best Piano based song?

Just heard "How to save a life" by The Fray. Want to hear more songs like this. Please help.

• gina
    Best Answer

imagine john lennon

frequently Led Zeppelin IV via way of Led Zeppelin a million. Black dogs 2. Stairway to Heaven 3. while the Levee Breaks 4. Going to California 5. Misty Mountain Hop 6. The conflict of Evermore 7. 4 Sticks 8. Rock and Roll

Anything and everything by Ben Folds and/or Ben Folds Five. Especially:

"Evaporated"

"Narcolepsy"

"Magic"

"Last Polka"

"Philosophy"

"Tiny Dancer" (cover)

"Don't Change Your Plans"

Ben Folds is an amazingly pianist and the best songwriter I've ever heard. All of his songs tell a story and the piano is just another layer to that already perfect story. You will not be disappointed.

Funeral For A Friend

Elton John

from the album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

1973

Keane, my man, the answer is Keane ... Piano, Bass, Drums, and Singer ... NO GUITARS. They are really great.

Also, while not exclusively piano, I'd recommend Elliott Smith's last 3 albums. There's a TON of rockin' songs on there, and he plays enough piano on a few of them to let you know that he knows his way around an instrument.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Piano man- Billy Joel

The piano as in the film the piano with Holly Hunter

• .

You have to listen to "Oscillate widely" by The Smiths - Believe it or not, it's a fantastic all piano instrumental song. Really really good. It's on the "Louder than bombs" album for the 80s.

Moonlight Sonata.

But don't just listen to the first movement (adagio), the famous one. listen to the allegretto & epeacially the presto agitato, the final movement.

Failing that, listen to this song by Rachmaninov - Prelude cis moll. Sheer brilliance. I can't believe he wrote it when he was 19...

btw, I know you weren't exactly looking for classic piece's, but i think it'll help you appritiate piano music in a whole new light.

Best song i like and thats

I think its called Moonlight sanartra . This song sounds lovly on the Piano