What happens if a live person stays in water for days? weeks? months? without leaving it but do eat/drink etc?

I know what happens to a dead body, the sweeling and generally ick. But if someone just immersed themselves in water, with proper breathing devices, and no protection. How would it affect them? They have water, food, and waste facilities. I looked up why skin wrinkles and shipwreck survivors and immersion tanks... show more I know what happens to a dead body, the sweeling and generally ick. But if someone just immersed themselves in water, with proper breathing devices, and no protection. How would it affect them? They have water, food, and waste facilities. I looked up why skin wrinkles and shipwreck survivors and immersion tanks with little help to my question. And hypothetically this is clean water, not dirty water so I don't think the water torture stuff applies.