is taht to late to start culinary stuff/school at my age? i am 28 years old?

iam 28 years old i have two son (6 and 4) , my husband is sushi chef in japanese restaurant we really want to open our own business someday but just not now because not enough money to start.. but my point is is that to late to start culinary for my future?? iam 28 years old.. i was so hopeless for couple month but after i realise it the more i waiting the more i loss.. but please tell me the turth is that to late for that?

Favorite Answer

Never too late, girl!

Hell No. When I was in culinary school, the average age was 32. Most of my fellow class mates were on their second or third carreer. Culinary school is fun and educational, but it is hard and expensive. Over the 18 months I was in school there were several devorices and more affairs. Do I consider it worthwhile? YES, do it.

Some of the things you will learn, you will never use (hand rolling out cresents), somethings you will use once in a while (understanding the proper geomitry on how to lay out a commercial kitchen {my personal favorite}) and other things you will use every day (the right way to hold a knife). I never had more fun or more tears than in culinary school.

Once we stop learning we die. Go to culinary school!!!!!

I hope you arent too old. Especially since, I just gradutated in September from culinary school at the then age of 30. Besides you will probably get more out of it than some of your younger classmates, and have a greater appreciation for what your goal is.

It's not too late.

No matter how long culinary school takes, you will be just as old whether you try it and succeed or fail or just be older and wonder what would have happened if you hadn't tried at all.

Nope, it's never too late. Definitely go for it. There have been several incidents of people in their 90's graduating from college. Julia Child didn't start cooking until she was 32.

its never to late to go back to school by the time u finish u will be 30 or 31 most people still dont know what they want by that age so no its not too late

no it's not too late to start culinary school

everyone starts at their own time

you can start now if you want

it's better to start late then to never go to culinary school

• zimba

i dont think you're too old, its not as though you need to be in peak physical condition, and you really will benefit from it, especially if you want to open a restaurant.

HEAVENS NO ! ! ITS A GREAT AGE TO START, ALSO YOU WOULD BE MOST VALUABLE BECAUSE YOU KNOW CONSIDERABLE JAPANESE COOKING ALREADY. ADD YOU STUDIES AND SKILLS FROM SCHOOL AND YOU'LL BE IN DEMAND ANYWHERE AROUND THE WORLD.

It's never too late for anything.

That's why they invented death.