Why did they make a Bridge to Terabithia movie?

when leslie is going to die. and why did they make it like this time? who'll watch it anyways?

Favorite Answer

Because they sincerely hate everyone of us who read that book. Perhaps it's a grudge against the author, or they are trying to get as much profit out of the book via the movie as they possibly can. No doubt they are inhuman monsters.

It was a good book by the way.

well, judging from the preview I saw the other day, they made the movie because someone sincerely hates the book and wants to make sure it's utterly ruined for everyone. I saw the preview and honestly thought it was a preview for one of those "spoof" movies (like epic movie) until I saw the name of the movie. It looked like the movie makers completely misunderstood the book and turned it into a cheesy fantasy adventure with bad CGI.

the answers to the other parts of your question:

1- when a main character dies? - not every movie has to have a sequel

2. like this time - do you mean modern? like now, 2007? because the book isn't very old and if I remember it right it isn't meant to be taking place in a particular time period - so an adaptation putting it in here and now makes sense -

3. people who are looking for family film entertainment - the filmmakers are trying to cash in on the crowds that made "Narnia" and the Willy Wonka remake a hit -

so if the preview is any judge... just pretend the movie doesn't exist and go re-read the book - great book.

The only good thing that might come from this movie is hopefully other people will be like me and will read the book instead, then not even go to see the movie. I had never heard of this title until I saw the previews. I am extremely glad I read the book, but I will definately not be seeing the movie. They completely ruin this book.

Yea, I don't think it will make that good of a movie. It gave my mother nightmares when she was younger.

b/c they are running out of stuff to make movies about