What are the Risks of Using GIMP?

I will get in alot of trouble if I download a virus on to the computer. IS there any risk with the Graphic program GIMP?

Favorite Answer

If you download GIMP from their official website you should have no worry of getting a virus. Below is a link to their installation help files

what style of risks are you speaking approximately, precisely? properly, i've got been utilising GIMP for an prolonged time now. It hasn't slowed my computing gadget, did no longer make my computing gadget crash or something. To me, it became completely fantastic. besides the certainty that GIMP is particularly greater complicated than Photoshop. the only factor that I had a difficulty with became that I have been given an outbreak as quickly as from downloading a GIMP brush. stable factor I had an truly stable anti-virus factor.

There's always the risk of keeping the $600. you'd have to spend on Photoshop in your pocket! ;-) Seriously, as the previous respondent stated, downloading from gimp.org is safe. It is a great program that I've used for 10 years. Feel free to contact me if you need help.

Oh, please.

Get http://pclinuxos.com/ and burn to CDrom, reboot, and let it run in the CDrom, click on the Gimp, so you never touch your hard drive!

Save to USB stick, USB Drives, or CD media. Well, you could make a folder on your drive, to save in.