Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 decade ago

High-back booster seat or no back booster seat?

Which of the two is better? My oldest is 35 pounds and I know here in the next 6 months to a year she will have to get a booster seat. Her carseat is only good until she hits 40 pounds. I have the shoulder belts in my minivan so I figured the high-back seats would be best but I have no clue. What do you recomend?

Favorite Answer

Well the safest is a 5 point harness attached with a teether and a seatbelt/LATCH/UAS

Sadly those are hard to find. Britax makes one that goes to 85 lbs. The Reagent. I think there is one that goes to 100lbs but I can't find it.

I went through so many car seats and booster seats that my husband wanted to kill me. So here is my best advice. Get the booster with the high back, some of them have removable back so they can be either I had a Britax. It wasnt cheap but you can take the back off as the child gets older. it is better to have a high back with sides for the head for when the child falls asleep his/her head wont droop. Hope that this helps!!!

High back booster with a five point harness. Britax does make one, its called the Regent Youth Seat, its goes up to 80lbs. Britax is the ONLY brand of car seat we use, they exceed U.S. safety standards.

The best car seat fits BOTH your vehicle AND your child.

Definatly a high back booster, my oldest is 5 & till in one. We have the Britax parkway it is $99 not too much, but it has great side impact head wings to protect their precious noggin.

• SAMMY

I like the high back booster seats. Makes them feel more safe and secure.

I prefer the highback. I have a 6 close to 7 year old who weighs about 45lbs and she still has the high back in my car. But in her Dad's SUV she has the one without the back. I prefer the highback in a car thou.

I have a high-back that can remove to be backless. So far we have never taken the back off. By one that is like this, then you have both all in one. Try both, see what you like. They aren't that expensive considering it is your child's life that you are protecting.

I personally prefer the high back ones but I don't know if there has been any research either way to prove that one is better.

I use backless booster. The carseat catches the shoulder belt and it protects him. He is tall and thin.

My wise mother in law- said use your "mother sense" try them both out and return the one you don't like.

She was right. gotta love that huh?!

I have a high back with a remove able back for when my son gets older.