How do you get extra funding for technical colleges?
When I enrolled I applied for all grants and others through finacial aid but I still came up 1200+ short not inclunding incindetels. How do you get extra funding for those things?
- Yvette B yvettebLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
i dont know enough details, so i will just post everything, in case something on it will help.
try to aim for grants/scholarships more... they are not to be paid back. its confusing sometimes, but just keep applying.
every big (and small) company you see (manufacturer, orgs, corps and groups also) all have grants and scholarships they hand out like candy. Walmart, Kmart, Target, Coke, computer companies etc etc etc
heres a link with a HUGE amount of some available. some you will need to copy and paste into a new window. also, fastweb (take the time to fill it in) will search databases and get back to you with a list of scholarships you qualify for.
Also contact all mens, womens associations in your state, they almost always have grants & scholarships. What ever field you are going into, contact the orgs, associations etc for them; Also check with professional organizations related to your career interests, such as the American Bar Association or the American Medical Association. they also always have scholarships. Research and dig, call then write. Its all worth it.
OVER apply; it doesnt hurt to have too many, and the extra funds can help with housing.
http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm <-do search for ‘scholarships’
DEPENDENCY or NOT
LOAN FORGIVENESS or NOT
(not sure about if valid, but worth a try)
STATUS of your student gov loan or aid:
if you don’t have a PIN yet (for your loan / aid status) apply for one:
GRANT SCHOLARSHIP SCAM LIST
(if you find a scam report it here too)
DEFAULTED STUDENT LOANS
. A lot of corporations want to be seen as "good neighbors" in the community. And they need a way to attract young workers. So some of them grant scholarships, usually from $1,500 to $10,000.
When visiting the websites of these companies, on the home page look for something like: ABOUT US or CORP INFO. Click on that, and then look for something like: COMMUNITY or COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT.
1. BestBuy (2 scholarships from each store for $1,500 and they enter you at their headquarters for a $10,000 scholarship).
2. Comcast (your high school principal must recommend you for a $1,000 scholarship. They also have paid internship at a limited number of locations nationwide.)
3. Cracker Barrel (www.cbrlgroup.com) for employees, or their children - $1,000
4. Kohls (each store awards $50 and a certificate; then submits their winners to the region. Regional winners receive $1,000 and are submitted to the corporate headquarters. Corporate level winners get a $5,000 scholarship and a $1,000 donation to their favorite charity.)
5. Wal-Mart (www.walmartfoundation.org) Each store awards $1,000 to 2 students at each school in their area. Or if you have been an employee for 12 months, you qualify to apply for a $2,500 scholarship.
6. McDonalds (as Ronald McDonald House Charities at: www.RMHC.ORG) varies by region of the county. But a typical award is $1,000. May be from the corporation or from an association of stores in your area.
Each of these companies have a simple application (1–2 pages) process.
Several of these are receiving applications now. Some are closing as soon as Feb 12th.