Is there anyway of boosting the chances of having a boy?

my boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby and we want it to be a boy!!!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Male sperm are faster then female sperm. It all depends on your cycle if your on a 28 "normal" day cycle. 14 days after your first day of your period is baby making day. There is only 12-24 hour window of opportunity to get pregnant. I would wait till day2 to try. So that it wont let them female sperm time to get there. Wish you the best of luck.

But no matter what.

I wish good healthy and full term pregnancy.

• 1 decade ago

My hubby and I did this and got a boy our first time. We want a girl next so we'll see. Anyway, girl sperm are slower but live longer so if you want a girl you need to track your ovulations for several months and have sex a few days before you ovulate then no more until a few days after you ovulate. Sperm can stay alive inside you for 72 hours. If you want a boy you should determine the day are ovulating and have sex that day. Boy sperm is faster so if the egg is there waiting for sperm then chances are greater that a boy sperm will get it. However if the sperm is there waiting for ovulation all the boy sperm will die before the egg gets there so chances are greater you'll have a girl. So to recap in case I talked myself in circles for a boy have sex the day you ovulate and not before.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to determine the day you ovulate (about 12 days after the start of your last menses), and he must not ejaculate for days before to have a full load. That gives you about an 80% chance for a boy.

Male sperm is more motile and will get there faster. But they, being smaller, die sooner and left overs will produce females.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol you to opionons to chose from one being the complete opposite but i know for a fact that it is the male sperm who swim faster but it is the female who live longer so ideally you want to have sex as close to ovulation as possible for a boy and at least a day or two before if trying for a girl good luck and i hope u get the boy u are tryin for

baby dust

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just be thankful for what you have when you do get pregnant. i have read that 3 days before you ovulate have sex for a boy and for a girl do it the day of ovulation i know it sounds werid but that is what i read. but if i were you i would just have fun with it just because you want a boy. you cant do anything to get what you want it will just happen. i wish you the best of luck and maybe you will get a little boy you never know. all depends on him. the male determins the sex of your baby

• 1 decade ago

There is actually a "boy diet" and a "girl diet".

The foods you eat can change your environment. To get a boy, it is said you need to have an alkaline environment and a lot of potassium. However, to get an alkaline environment, you need an acidic diet.

Confusing, yes! When you eat acidic foods, your body changes the properties of the food and breaks them down to alkaline.

So, things like citrus fruits and things will contribute to that. There are also supplements that will help you to change your environment.

Source(s): If you google boy diet, you will get several links for info.
  • 1 decade ago

male sperm are slower swimmers than the ones that carry the female chromosome. some sex positions can up your chances of giving them a better chance to beat the "girls". like from behind(doggy)gets your boyfriend closer to your cervix, which can get the "slow guys" in faster.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, Increase the number of sexual encounters. It will definitely give you more chances.

• 1 decade ago

Try the link below. Hasn't been wrong yet....good luck!

• 1 decade ago

How about Healthy? Happy?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.