I was divorced from my wife last Friday and the next day she was arrested for dem viol against me. Our house is for sale and I had an offer on it that I know she would accept. She will not contact me back about or anything else including bills and taking now her dogs from our home that I am living in.

The judgment states she can reside here but is choosing not to which is better anyways.

We were getting along fine until the arrest and now I think she is trying to get out of the divorce judgment.

Can she? Not to get married again but I think she now has decided it isn't fair or something. I don't know but it's fishy she doesn't want to close on this house ASAP??? The judge signed off on it but is there a so called 48 hour free look or something were it can be voided???

Please help. I am talking with a lawyer Thursday but was wondering now. It has me stressing!


4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer


    When the judges gavel comes down....

    That is the end of it...

  • 1 decade ago

    When you say you were divorced do you mean a judge signed the final divorce judgment and it was entered into the court record? If so, then it is final and she would have to jump through a lot of hoops to try and change it. If she is unhappy with the judge's ruling her option would be to appeal to the next higher court. That would be time consuming and expensive. To try and reverse the trial court's ruling she would have to prove fraud or surprise. If she participated in the divorce process - she will have a hard time proving any of those grounds.

    It sounds like she is having a very hard time just coming to terms with the divorce. You may need to get an order from a judge regarding the sale of the house. For example - the judge can order her to sign off on the sale if the offer is above X or with a certain range. Then if she doesn't sign she would be held in contempt of court.

    Good luck.

  • 1 decade ago

    I really do not know... Contact an attorney and find out.. You might have to go back to court to change something in it but i think your wife will have to okay and agree with it to have it done... I wish you the best.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    if your exwife shot the Judge it still doesn't change the Divorce. it's done

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.