Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

brakes on 2003 buick century have just started to make a noise. can I go for 10 days without damaging rotors?

Does anyone out there know anything about the brakes on a 2003 Buick Century? The brakes just started making a noise yesterday (I was told by the dealership this would happen when it was time for brakes). I would like to wait another week until I get them fixed. Do I run the risk of ruining the rotors if I wait a week, or do I have a little time yet?

Favorite Answer

you probably could as long as you take it easy on them.when the squeeler starts to make a noise,you still have some pad left,but you better get the changed pretty soon,or you will be changing rotors and pads.

i own a repair shop and you do run a good risk of ruining the rotors on it ,by driving it with them like this,especially if the rotors has already been turned once,they may be a little thin anyway but you can make it a little while longer,just be care full they may already be in to them,you never know what kind of shape their in until you pull a wheel off of them and check them out,good luck,i hope this help,s.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.
  • may

That become an exceedingly good comic tale certainly. enable me upload 2 the record: -If u are readying paper and the television is on, the precise second u lookup for a seconds they're exhibiting a needed guy who you recognize okay. -In a shoot out, you may run at the same time as the enemy is shooting at you yet you wont get hit. -you should be interior of a similar room as a C4 bomb at the same time as it is going off yet when your in the back of a table or fallen refrigerator you'd be positive. -Enemys hardly ever sneak round you -in the experience that your stuck searching for a e book in a liabrary the liabrarian will magically come about. -that is person-friendly to get previous a metel detector with a gun in any american airport.

Depends on how many miles you drive and whether it's city or freeway driving. You'd probably be ok for around 200 freeway miles. This is assuming that you're hearing a squeal from the wear noisemaker and not a gravelly dragging sound.

If it's a squeaking noise you can wait til payday, but if it's a scraping noise, you better borrow the money and get it fixed.

Source(s): My husband's a mechanic.

I would just get them fixed now and save your rotors and more expense, it's your call.

I am a mechanic ,and in my car ,I let them pass beyond , from always.

even for three month

I do not recomend it to anybody. ( check daily for fluid leaks)

No way to tell..

Maybe..

Maybe not...