I am marrying a man with children. I have none. How do I protect my assets-especially from the ex.?

I love the man I am marrying but I have significant assets. Heard too many horror stories about ex-wives trying to get more money from the new wife. What if the kids get in some kind of legal trouble. Can they take my assets if they get into a civil law suit?

• Nusha
    Favorite Answer

See an attorney, get a pre-nuptial agreement.

You can consult an attorney about a prenuptial agreement. However, more and more these things are getting attacked during divorce. There is almost no iron clad prenuptial agreement anymore. Make sure this is the right man before you go too far.

The best way to keep your assests with a professional who will not disclose. This may cost you. But If you want you can touch base with me at deepali292003@yahoo.com. I am the one who is been doing this for last one year. I charge 3 % of the total assest. And which needs to be paid everymonth. And nobody can take your assest until unless you want it. Because you need not disclose to any one .

Best thing to do is transfer your assets to a person you trust such as a mother,father ,brother or whatever where you are authorized to use the account or property in life estate that way you have use of everything unless something was to happen to you and then it would be in the other person or persons name..

Get a prenuptual agreement (in case of divorce)

and do not adopt his kids.

Otherwise, do not commingle assets with his, so it is clear what is yours.

Lawyer and rock solid pre-nup for the USA.

For UK you need to see a lawyer - but pre-nups are not necessarily legal.

prenup!!! first last and always!!!

love ya honey ,,,, but...

make it clear that your assets stay your own. if he has a hissy fit maybe he has ulterior motives???

don't put his name on ANY of your accounts. a prenup is worth looking into, but keep his name off your accounts.