why is instant messaging so difficult now a days?

All I want to do is IM from Yahoo. It is suppose to be free, but if I'm understanding it you first have to pay for a service which includes IMing. Can someone explain this to me?

Favorite Answer

I say give up on yahoo and get the free aol instant messenger. that one will always be free. always. yahoo is just messed up and they want our money.

• As far as i know yahoo is free. if not then piss on them.

dont download anything from AOL. It can mess up your computer. Everyone i know that complains there comp is slow, it keeps freezing, ect has aol or AOLim. When we bought our computer the guy begged us not to get aol because of it.

Why not join a message bord? If you want to talk to people you know go on myspace and im from there. there is also a place called teen chat you can chat for free, you dont ahve to sighn up, and they have tons of rooms for people of all ages.

Source(s): experance

you can download yahoo messenger for free. www.yahoo.com and click messenger!