Does anybody have an opinion if 14" screen for a laptop is too small?

I am trying to decide if it is or not, anybody with experience with one can help me ?

Favorite Answer

well if you plan on watching movies on it or presentations on it.. like if it will be the main focus then u might want to go bigger.. but if ur just using it for internet and word processing then it should be fine... also check price..

We have 12", 14", 15", and 17" notebooks at the university I support.

If you are using a port replicator or docking station with an external display then the size of the screen does not matter. However, when you are using the notebook without the assistance f a larger external display the 14" screens tend to not be sufficient enough. I would not go with anything smaller than a 15".

Source(s): Summary: Responsible for Desktop support, procurement, and disposal at a local university. - Associate Degree Electronics - BS Degree IS and Electronics Technology - MBA - Taking classes in Intelligence and National Security, 2nd Bachelors - Various FEMA independant study certificates - Certificates in Mgt, Project Mgt & OSHA - Certificates in MS Office Products - Seeking MS Office Specialist - Associate Director in charge of Desktop procurement, support, and implementation at a local University. - 14 years computer experience, currently enrolled in A+ training. - 3 years HP laser printer repair experience - Participating in Lenovo/IBM self maintainer - Black Belt Tang Soo Do - Worked as a cook for 10 years - Have yet to climb Mt. Everest
  • MT C

I bought a HP dv9000t in October. It has a 17" screen which is wonderful in every way. The draw back is weight, I wish it was lighter. But it is great for use at home or on a desk or table. I think that a 14" would be just right if you are going to be carrying it around.

a 14" screen is adecate for most people - although if you have problems with eyesight than maybe you should either be looking for at 15.4 or 17" screen or a desktop with a 19"+ screen, but have a look at one at a store and decide on how it looks to you :)

It depends on your price range and laptop preference, for me, yes it is big enough, I just need to see what I am doing that is all, and if you want the most portable and most compacty, than this is for you, if not and it is in your price range, you may want to update the size of ur screen

If you want so,ething very portable, 14" may even be to big.

If you want it to sit on your desk, i would go bigger.