what insurance covers lap band surgery?

I am trying to get health coverage, but i need to make sure it covers lap band surgery 100%

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In Australia, if you need it for health reasons, like your very obese then its done for free if you are under a certain income, its covered by medicare, which is our healthcare institution.But if you earn over a certain amount then some is covered by medicare and some by your health insurance.

• Custo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

If you're looking for a private policy, you'd better start doing research on plans available in your state... Not all insurance companies offer coverage in all states. Not all plans offer the same benefits. Most insurance companies cover lap band in one way or another, its finding a plan that you qualify for that is difficult. I don't really have additional info without knowing what state you live in.

• 1 decade ago

Why not ask the billing department of the doctor who will be performing it?????? Be sure to read the fine lines of any insurance and get what you want in writing from the company and the person's name....also, the book "Healthcare for Less" may help with your decision and save you money on other healthcare services in the future.

Source(s): www.healthcareforless.us
  • pnn177
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

contact the insurance companies to find out what their policies cover.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i think youll have to check around since its a relatively new thing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.