Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

I have a winter formal dance on feb 10. But it says dress sim-formal. What do i ware i have no clue help.?

Also my parents don't have much money so i have to get some thing under 50 dollars. Can anyone help me?

This is the time of year that you can hit the malls and get the winter dresses on sale. You can go to places like J.C. Penny's and find great evening dresses that were 100 dollars for half price and even 75% off. Look on EBay. Look at over stock. Find out how people dressed for that dance last year. Most likely it's Valentines day to be celebrated. Sim-formal means like a nice church dress. Usually a regular length dress and dress shoes is good. I don't know how old you are. I think even a real smart pant suit would be great. Just remember a lot of sales are going on right now. It's just a right time to look them up.. Look up the department stores on line. They usualy have sale dresses on line. Pick something that is refreshing and youthful..have fun. Thats what it's all about. Also buy something you can wear again. Make the money count.

I have the same problem. Forever 21 has GREAT dresses for under 40 dollars!Most of the dresses are around $25. Forever 21 has a really good website. I hope this helps!

Source(s): : )

www.ebay.com has plenty of semi formal dresses under $50.

or www.craigslist.com (then pick your state or city) Many times you can even find them in the free section. (I found 1 posted in the Philly on Dec 10 for $10. (you need to check everyday for new post)

Formal dresses usually bearly see your shows - like floor length

Semi Formal - are from the ankle to knee

Since your a a short schedule - don't wait much longer

Source(s): www.ebay.com www.craigslist.com

You can wear a nice dress, not a night gown like with tail or something, but a very good looking but simple dress will do fine. With the right accesories u can make a "cheap dress" look like an armani dress. Just use the right combination. Enjoy the party girl! ;)

You should go to salvation army,or a cheap store,and buy a dress to wear. Once at Salvation Army I saw a beautiful dress for less then 50,you should check it out,and see if you find anything!Good Luck!

• may

i do not imagine it is strange to placed on a short gown. i imagine it is type of too chilly for a short gown although. And that gown seems very '80s. appears like something i'd've dressed my Barbies in at the same time as i become little. yet when it particularly is the fashion of look you're going for . . .

this means cocktail dresses. jcpenney's offers the most variety at the best prices and i would suggest you try all types of dresses even the ones you would never think to try on..you never know. always bring a good honest friend who isn't afraid to tell you the truth someone who you think has a good fashion sense. don't be afraid to ask someone you know who has a good sense of style to go with you. i love it when ppl ask me for fashion help, especially strangers!

semi formal means cocktail dress for girls and technically a tux w/o tails for the men, but a nice suit and tie should do for the boys. try looking at goodwill/salvation army/thrift shops!

• Wear a dress that reaches to mid thighs or knees that would match black leggings. Wear some jewelry such as bracelets and earrings. curl your hair and your good to go! i hope you like my idea!

SIMI FORMAL IS LIKE A DRESS OR KIND OF SOMETHING LIKE YOUR GOING TO CHURCH NOT A BALL GOWN OR SOMETHING..... 4 THE MONEY SITUATION YOU CAN GO TO ANY BARGIN STOR LIKE MARSHALLS OR TARGET AND GET SOME CUTE CLOTHES THEN SPICE THEM UP WITH ACESSORIES! GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!