Have you ever witnessed someone shoplifting? What did you do?

Tonight, I picked up a few groceries from Wal-Mart. I noticed the woman in front of me was only using a little bit of the register belt to put her groceries on although her cart was full. She had two young children that she appeared to be distracted by although they were behaving pretty well. As I watched, I realized she was taking the bagged groceries and putting them in the half full cart. She was able to cover up meats and other fairly flat items while cheaper things on the belt. Her husband came up and distracted her again and then sent her to the car. I would not have thought so much about it except he took out such a scant amount of cash to pay for a full cart and the bottom of the cart being full. As he started to walk away, the cashier caught it and made him wait. (I think she saw me looking at the cart.) She asked him to leave the items on the bottom which she had not checked out--but he quickly removed them before she could look closely at the cart

I have large expressive eyes . . . I did catch the cashier's eye and look at the bottom of the cart. Wish I had been brave enough to tell her to move all the bags, but the guy was rough looking.

Favorite Answer

I saw a boy trying to steal a toy. My frist reaction was to go over to him and ask "What do you think your doing?" He dropped it and walked off. That probably wasnt the safest thing to do - He could have had psycho parents or he could have reacted violently or something. But, I can't help it. When I see something wrong, I have to to say something.

My brother worked a outfits keep and talked about it happen plenty. at the same time as i turned right into somewhat youngster, about 8 or 9, I did witness shoplifting - in reality, i become the guy who shoplifted. I nonetheless keep in innovations - I had picked up a %. of those previous dinosaur playing cards(there become this dinosaur sitcom kinda coach-forgetting that's call) and placed them in my pocket. Then when I got here abode i become bowled over to locate them in my pocket. i in my opinion become so scared that the FBI might want to capture me that I buried them outdoors. i'm lifeless extreme.

I have not personally witnessed someone shoplifting. I

only see that happen on the hidden camera shows on T.V.

Would you have said something if the husband was not stopped

by the cashier?

I have had friends that have been caught doing that.I wouldnt rat them out because they have 32% chance of getting to it

I definitely would have pointed it out. Thieves like this are a scourge to society.

oh wow, you should tell somebody.