how can i change a jeep grand cherokee battery. also, which brand should i use?

the car was in a shop for over 2 weeks. the mechanic said it went dead a couple of times because he didnt start it regularly, and I should change it. this has never happened to me before. the current indicator on the dashboard is also normal. do i really need a new battery? thanks

Favorite Answer

go to auot zone they will gave you a factory recplament or if you run alot of add on accesories they will give you a little bigger one and they usally will install it for free if you just ask

If your battery holds a charge overnight and starts your engine without difficulty it is ok. I buy my batteries at Wal Mart and have no problems. If you have a problem they replace it with no arguement. Big name batteries just cost more. They are not really any better.

any of Your choice.

I personally prefer Sears golden ,5 years.(if Your actual battery is good Sears tech. will tell You)

here is a video of it done on a Jeep grand Cherokee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmHnJWt4DM

Youtube thumbnail