Can Carpal Tunnel be caused from a car accident?

Favorite Answer

No.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a repetitive injury (from typing and video games). It happens over a long period of time.

Injuries from car accidents are trauma, or instant.

Hi, I have carpal tunnel in both hands. You get this from repetitive motion of your hands,and wrists. Like women who work,and do a lot of typing,or a cashier,or a dough master,and the list go's on. I had the carpal tunnel release 14 years ago,and i still have to wear braces on both hands,even when sleeping. No way you could get carpal tunner from a car accident.

Clowmy

UN heard of but if you are a truck driver or driving stander Vehicles could happen. Did you at one time have hurt an old injury, surgery on the hand to cause scar tissue damage?

Mainly heard of getting carpal tunnel by using hands on daily basics or in water lots.

It is for the hands that your asking right?

Nope, carpal tunnel as I know is a long term injury from doing repetitive things, I have it in my right arm and that came from doing a lot of hammering over a lot of years....and it's very painful, I find magnetic therapy to work best on it.

i don't know