Pia M asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

does rum cake contain rum?

Update:

Because if it does, then a recovering alcoholic should stay away from it right?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

You could use rum or you can also use a rum flavoring, available in the baking section of your local grocery store!

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely - the name is no misnomer. A good rum cake has sat in a high quality dark rum for at least two days. The cake absorbs this, making it moist and most certainly alcoholic. Depending on the baker, you could DEFINITELY catch a buzz just from one slice!

Source(s): Rum cake is my mother's specialty.
  • 1 decade ago

yes rum cake has rum in it

the alcohol bakes out of the cake

but the flavors are left in the cake

• 1 decade ago

Yes, I like to have a lot of rum in my cake.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Technically once you're pregnant one "shot" properly worth of alcohol is large as quickly as a week, that's even reported to be good to your heart to have one small (like 3 oz) glass of wine a week and because it lowers your rigidity, it lowers the toddler's too. Rum cake has no alcohol left in it, yet whether there grow to be some left you does no longer harm the toddler. I even have 3 glasses of wine, one each week sipped very slowly while i grow to be pregnant and my toddler is totally healthful, My toddler's physician grow to be the only which instructed me it grow to be good for me, too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The alcohol would bake out. If like a fruitcake you poured it on afterward or inthe icing maybe a buzz. allrecipes.com

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely, and if you put enough in it, you can still taste the alcohol.

• 1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.