what is the name of the body or department that decides on scholarships in a university?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it really depends on who's giving the scholarship away. at the school i work at, there are admission scholarships, departmental scholarships, honors scholarships, and some endowed scholarships.

i work in the financial aid office and the only scholarship of the ones i mentioned above that our office gives out is endowed scholarships.

if you're trying to contact the right department, find out who gives out the scholarship because it could be different, based on the scholarship.

Source(s): i work at a college
  • 1 decade ago

usually, it is decided by a committee in a specific academic department (like, a math dept might decide who gets a math scholarship) or the financial aid office. The financial aid office gets the final say on allyour financial aid, though. They are the ones that determine if you can use the scholarship. If you have any questions about scholarship, you should contact the financial aid department or the academic department offering the scholarship.

Source(s): experience in fin aid
  • 1 decade ago

it is a scholarship committee. It is usually made up of professors and someone in the financial aid office as well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.