Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

do you look at the man who don't want sex before marriage as being GAY?

what if he was doing it for the respect of God?

Favorite Answer

No, I wouldn't. Good for him.

If a man doesn't want to have sex before marriage, that is his choice and if he is doing it in respect for his God, that in no way means that he is gay.

I'm going to go out on a limb here...

There's nothing wrong with wanting to wait til marriage- I tried, I failed- a male friend of mine is doing it, it's his choice- good for him.

Here's some of the problems I think you might experience by waiting:

Sex is an emotional experience for men and women- especially the first time. I'm actually quite callous about it, but it can really put others through a whirl wind of feelings. Feelings people usually go through in their mid-teens and up. You'll be dealing with them as an adult and therefore it will be magnified.

Odds are you're going to be awful at it, maybe your wife will coach you through it, and if she's new at it- then you're doomed to have terrible sex for the rest of your life...amen.

Furthermore, you're building sex up to be something it isn't and once you lose your virginity you're going to feel as though you did something wrong because it turned out not to be the religious awakening you banked on it being.

So do I think you're gay- nope! But I do think the fact that you just asking this proves that this will put you through a sexual apocolypse- but I guess that's better than STDs.

Good luck!

Of course not, I know many guys who are very straight (myself included) who want to wait until marriage before having sex. The problem with today's society is that we as a whole feel that sex before marriage, casual sex is OK, if not expected, when in our grandparent's generation, and before that, it was frowned upon. In some cases, people were ostracized for having pre marital sex. I don't care if you have sex before marriage, but if the guy doesn't want sex before marriage, you should respect that. Relationships are about love, not sex.

No I don't look at him as being gay. I do look at him with respect. He too has respect for women and also is doing what God commands us to do. I am so pleased with this question. No doubt there are others like this man. It is good to know this.

I would not think of him as being gay, but I think it's a bad move. I do not think people should sleep around, but I also feel that if you're going in the direction of marriage, it's OK to take the relationship to that level.

I would not want to marry someone I had not slept with first. While sex is not THE most important part of a marriage, it IS a VERY important component.

I don't look at him as gay but think that he is helping others for giving up the share of his part. He must be adored and kept close as a friend. What I don't understand is that someone will keep his dick in check for the respect of god.

• No. A gay man is someone who is sexually attracted to other men. Even someone who repects other men as being beautiful, but isn't sexually atrracted to them isn't gay, but he would probably be called gay by others. Many people in our society are homophobic. I don't look at a man who wants to wait to have sex as being gay, I don't care why he was doing it. When and with who you have sex is your choice. It would be rude of me to judge you on any of those things. But there are many people in our society who do it, even though they shouldn't. You should just ignore them, or tell them that it's wrong of them to judge you. If they keep doing it report them to the police or if you go to a school report abuse to staff, etc...

I look at a man who wants to wait until marraige to have sex as a tower of strength and self discipline. I admire him. He is a minority. And if his reasoning is for the respect of God, hold on tight, girl, and never let him go. Men typically do not openly share their faith especially in this day and age. He is expressing to you that God's word is important to him and THAT is HOT!

some guys like to have it all at once rather than having good things in part. Perhaps he wants to make a wife out of her than enjoy the true meaning of love making...coz after marriage it can not be sex the first time you do it.

He is being passionate about it.

I don't think it is gay at all. I think men that save it for marriage are very strong, and they show their manliness by being able to control themselves and not having to bend for peer pressure.

However, I would respect him more if he was doing it out of respect for himself and his future wife. Don't try to use the God thing to make yourself sound holy. You can have morals without being religious.