Why is it that Democrats will gladly...?

bring up the fact that Republicans have had their share of corruption in the party, but when you bring up the corruption that was on display in the Democratic Party, they tell you to "...stop living in the past"?

Isn't there a saying that goes "He who forgets history is doomed to repeat it"?

Could this be Liberal Hypocrisy on display?

Favorite Answer

Any Congress person that is caught in any scandal should be tried for treason against the citizens of the United States. I don't care what party they are in.

List your corruptions. Every party is corrupt that is in power. But it's obvious that in the last 6 years it's been the Republican party that has shown the greatest amount of corruption any party has had since the birth of this country as a nation.

Hey Joe, prove your allogations about the dems giving out cigarettes to homeless for votes. Show links, otherwise you are lying.

Nope, that wasn't in our news. I'm all for stopping corruption on both sides of the aisle wherever it may be, but you neo-cons need to admit that this has been the most corrupt administration and Political party (the GOP) the country has ever seen. BTW, those weren't senators, congressmen or the candidates themselves giving out cigarettes. It was people working on those campaigns in those specific cities. It was wrong. But the candidates had nothing to do with it. Unlike what was going on in Ohio when the Republican party leader of that state and the Republican Secretary of State tampered with the voting machines and the polling places.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/SOL411A.html

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/dfiles/file_477.pdf

And then there is Bob Ney's corruption:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic...

I think it is the height of hypocrisy for either political party to point there finger at the other and call it corrupt.

I am a Democrat and I am not blind to corruption on both side of the isles. If any person, Republican or Democrat be found guilty of corruption they should be punished accordingly. I don't know anyone who does not feel this way.

Many cons on this board don't seem to understand the difference between the words"a" and "all". They seem to think that because "a" dem thinks or feels a certain way that "all" feel the same way. That kind of simplistic thinking is typical of Bush but I've been giving most cons more credit than that. I hope I haven't been wrong.

well... in the past few years... it's been in current events... and when you bring up something that happened in the past... it doesn't make what happened right...

if no one talked about things that their own party was once guilty of... then no one could say anything about anything... for the most part...

"The notion that you can somehow defeat violence by

submitting to it is simply a flight from fact. As I

have said, it is only possible to people who have

money and guns between themselves and reality." - George Orwell, October 1941

THIS Democrat screams about ANY corruption in the government. I don't care WHICH side of the aisle they sit on!

Only neo-cons complain about corruption that has been purged from the repub party. Neo-cons are repubs-in-name-only.

It does frankly look like the "Everybody does it" defense. It rarely to never is accepted well.