Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Gerard Way?

Can someone please tell me everything you need to know about Gerard Way(Lead Singer for My Chemical Romance)

Favorite Answer

Way is of Scottish and Italian descent. He first began singing in fourth grade, when he played the part of Peter Pan in a school production of the play. His grandmother Elena Lee Rush (who was known to friends as Helen), taught him to sing and made his costume, including traditional green tights. After this Way "turned his back" on singing, saying, "Well, I don't want to be this weird singer kid, [I'm] into other things like comics and Iron Maiden". He then decided to pursue graphic arts. Way had always been interested in drawing and comics because his childhood house was a "dark and dingy gothic-looking" place in the town of Belleville, New Jersey. Way says that as a child, he was not much able to play outside, so he made up imaginary worlds in his head, which led on to his love for artwork. As a child, Gerard came to the revelation that everyone he cares about will eventually die, and that he will die alone. This has led to his current obsession with the idea of death.

He has recovered from an addiction to drugs and alcohol, being sober as of August 2004, and visits a therapist when the band's not on tour. Gerard’s band mates have pulled him out of a deep depression twice (before the band really got started, and as he was sobering). However, he still enjoys smoking Marlboro Red cigarettes.

Way was close friends with The Used singer Bert McCracken. The two recorded several songs together, including a cover of "Under Pressure" and the My Chemical Romance song, "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison", in which McCracken provides backup vocals.

That is all i can do But he is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, in 2006 they have had a falling out. McCracken has said in an interview with VH1, "I'd prefer not to say anything about My Chemical Romance, except that we did have a falling out. We don't speak at all any more. It's got nothing to do with their success. I'm completely comfortable with where our band is at.

Gerard Arthur Way.

Born: 9-Apr-1977 in Newark, NJ.

He attended the School of Visual Arts in New York City and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1999. As a child, Gerard grew up in a dangerous and crime-ridden neighborhood. Way has said that he was never really allowed outside to play when he was younger. Instead, he remained indoors and created his own imaginary worlds in his head. This led to his later in life love for artwork. Gerard aspired to be a comic book artist (he loved comic books, and his favorite superhero was always Wolverine) before forming My Chemical Romance in 2001. He pitched a cartoon for Cartoon Network called "The Breakfast Monkey", but it sadly didn't work out. He considers himself a failed comic book artist yet has still done the artwork for the My Chemical Romance albums and used to design merchandise for the band "Thursday".

He has recently recovered from an addiction to drugs and alcohol, being sober as of August 2004, and visits a therapist when the band's not on tour. Gerard’s band mates have pulled him out of a deep depression twice (before the band really got started, and as he was sobering up). However, he still enjoys smoking Marlboro red cigarettes.

When he lived in New Jersey, he used to stalk Christina Ricci, after finding out she lived nearby.

As a child, Gerard came to the revelation that everyone he cares about will eventually die, and that he will die alone. This has led to his current obsession with the idea of death

AHEM. *clears throat*

Well, those two above me have already stated Gerard's background info. I shall now elaborate.

He always tried to act mature for his age. On a recent interview on FUSE he said that he always sat with the adults and was pretty shy. He read A LOT. He finds the comforts of home while on tour by reading. Who knew? One guilty pleasure of his includes listening to t.a.t.u. He graduated from the nation's top art colleges with a B.A. in Fine Arts. He's written a comic book series called The Umbrella Academy that should be released sometime early this year.

And all this other junk can be found at:

Source(s): www.youtube.com Just search for Gerard Way interview

Gerard Arthur Way

He was born on 9th of April 1977 on a Saturday in summit new Jersey the wether was partly cloudy it was about 74 degrees Fahrenheit and he weighed 9.6 pounds ❤️❤️

he was born in new jersey. green day influenced him 2 play guitar w/ his little brother mikey way (a mcr band member) he originally wanted to b a cartoonist. it didn't work out. then he started my chemical romance. oh, the song helena on 3 cheers 4 sweet revenge is about dealing w/ his grandma's death.

i appreciate him as Mr. One 2. he's okay in different video clips. I also like him in three hundred and a thanks to coach Your Dragon (in user-friendly words his voice yet i like it). he isn't any longer so handsome yet i come across him appealing. BA: RocknRolla :D EDIT: I choose James McAvoy!!! :P

All I know is that he fails at making good music.

You make me want to puke

I hate them

all i know is he`s freekin hott!