I need help transfering files from my 12 year old os95 Thinkpad to my one year Dell OSxp home edition.?

My old Thinkpad is not on the internet and does not have USB ports.I have used it for years on for spread sheets and files.I was told you transfer files from any Windows OS.The problem is I need a cable that can connect to both computers.Do I need any additional software.My XP comes with a transfer wizard.

Favorite Answer

If it has an Ethernet (network) port you can connect the two comps using a crossover cable .. any computer store will have them for a few dollars ... you don't need an overly long one.

The other option is to buy an external cady and place your old laptop drive in it then attach it to your Dell using USB ... it then becomes a slightly bulky USB Drive you can use to transport data on

Ehternet is a good way. Make sure the PC's are in the same 'workgroup', and use the FAST wizard. Run it on the XP PC, then take the dics you make to the OLD PC.

Source(s): MCP