Is this normal fetal movement?

I am 14 wks pregnant with my 2nd child. I went to my routine check-up this week and was expecting to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Surprisingly, it was not found, so, they decided to do an ultrasound to detect the beats per minute (bpm). The baby was moving so rapidly (this is the reason the heartbeat could not be detected with the doppler[?]) that the technician could hardly clock the bpm. Finally she clocked the bpm at 164, which is normal. Note that my blood pressure was also up a bit from usual (did'nt get the reading), which is unusual for me. Do you have any idea? Or even an idea of what I could search online for to maybe ellaborate? Thanks so much, have a great day!

Favorite Answer

Try www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus it's fully searchable.

Good luck hope everything is OK

its very normal for that to happen. I had the exact same thing happen with this pregnancy- they couldnt hear the heartbeat- so i had an ultrasound- and the baby was moving so much it took the U/S tech almost 10 minutes before she could get it to measure the heartbeat!

Source(s): 6 year old & 38 weeks preggo

My baby is the same way. Even in my 21 week ultrasound she was moving so much we couldn't get a good picture of her heart. The doctor laughed and said I was in for it. LOL.. Your baby is fine. I tried to search for normal fetal movement of a 14 week old fetus but it didn't turn up much. Good luck

Source(s): 22 weeks with #4
  • Gig

Did you drink OJ right before you went in? Anything sweet at all? What did you eat? Do you drink coffee? All these things can increase your BP and make your baby super active. Everything is fine! Just watch your diet closer.

it happens sometimes the babys still really small so its normal rapid movement

• here's a site that might have what you need...they have an "ask an expert" link so maybe if they don't have it listed you could ask someone on there

http://www.webmd.com/pregnancy_and_family/pregnanc...

hope this helps. i wish u and your baby the best.