Why hasnt director Martin Scorsese?

EVER won an Oscar ? Is he black listed or something ?

I was just wondering about that

Favorite Answer

bad luck

i hope he wins this time

the departed is really good

It usually takes a few great films before you get the Oscar. Then they give you the Oscar for a film you didn't actually deserve it for. The problem is that the film they do give it to you for has to be at least decent. Scorsese deserved the oscar for films like Taxi Driver and Raging Bull, but then he didn't do anything strong enough for a realistic award. They wanted to give it to him for Age of Innocence....but it just wasn't any good. This is the first credible film they can give him his past award for.

An example of what i mean is Denzel Washington winning an Oscar for Training Day....he really won it for Glory and Malcom X.

I think he really angered a lot of people with his rampant drug abuse and some bad movies in the early 80's.

more than likely because his best movies were violent but I think they should at least give him the sympathy vote for something

I think it is the game of politics, he is tainted by having done, eck!, Television.

too violent