Muscle strain, or pull?

What's the difference? I was doing some push-ups today and all of a sudden I felt a TIGHT feeling and couldn't go on. It didnt hurt but it made me stop my push-ups. The feeling doesnt hurt it just feels reaaly tight on the right side of my pec muscle, in the area where the armpit and the pec come together. How long should I lay off doing any chest workouts? I can lift my arm up all the way and tighten my chest withought any pain.

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Actually its the same difference. This is what occurs to a muscle in which the muscle fibers tear as a result of overstretching. Strains are also colloquially known as pulled muscles. The equivalent injury to a ligament is a sprain. Typical symptoms of a strain include localized pain, stiffness, swelling, inflammation, and bruising around the strained muscle.

  • mahall
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    It can be been a while because you had the primary painful symptoms. Within the first forty two hours you have been supposed to apply anything cold on it.... But now practice anything warm on it (dip a towel in very warm- practically scorching water and wring it then put it around your leg- repeat time and again) and take anti-inflammatory medicine comparable to Motrin (Ibuprofen) or Tylenol. Purchase a finished made strain bandage and wear it. Whilst you are not utilizing the leg, do at the least strengthening recreation for the deep muscle tissue. To gain this, you need to be sitting down and for illustration flex and extend your foot.... Or push towards an object and maintain it for just a few seconds at a time. Preserve on taking anti-inflammatory medicine.

  • Keko
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Muscles need potassium and magnesium that are most easily gotten in to the system by taking a swig of molasses, or eating 1/2 bananas per day. If this happened all of a sudden, you have been ignoring it progressively getting tighter, There is a book called The triggerpoint therapy workbook by Davies that my chiropractor just told me about, you may want to check it out. Outside of that if you need help to get your mobility back see a massage therapist who can do the work to restore you to functional.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.