Have you ever used Sure Deposit?

My roommate and I want to get an apartment of our own and while surfing the web I found something call Sure Deposit. Has anyone ever used it? My roommate thinks its a scam but I don't think so. I think you need to have good credit to be approved though.Any info would be very helpful.

Favorite Answer

7. HUD

Question: Can SureDeposit be used at HUD properties?

Answer: Several regional HUD offices have issued opinions on the use of SureDeposit at HUD properties. Please contact us for more details.

The statement above is from SureDeposit web page. FAQ

If HUD wont do business with them you shouldn't either. The term issued opinions is certainly not a yes!

You don't need this. They are going to charge you more than it's worth. Just pay your deposit at the rental and leave it nice and clean when you leave and you will get your deposit back.

Suredeposit says right in the front page. If the landlord wont refund the deposit, they will collect it from you. So how does that help you?

best of luck,

Source(s): ca re broker