is there a way to find out how far along someone is during their pregancy?

my doctor won't do a ultrasound but i would like to know because i know that you can't always go by your last missed period

Favorite Answer

sonogram + or - a week...

• Sakora

Yes, go by the first day of a missed period, if they have an irregular period then an ultrasound can also help to determine how far along a woman is.

Source(s): 33 weeks pregnant!
  • me

With our son, we first used the Last Menstrual Period to determine. Then we went in for our first ultrasound around 10 weeks-we thought based on LMP that I was 13 weeks-but the scan revealed that I was only 10 weeks along. They remeasured him at my next ultrasound at 21 weeks and it was right on track from the first ultrasound.

I've heard that the first ultrasound is the most accurate.

Yourself or a friend? If yourself, go to http://www.babycenter.com/calculators/duedate/ and enter the first day of your last period and it will tell you how far along you are. If you don't know then you will have to find out by going to your doctor so they can do ultrasound. Good luck!

Ultrasound is the best way; otherwise they do go by the first day of your last period.

Only by a Dr. doing a ultrasound.

Source(s): #5otw

Yes calculate by the first day of when you was supposed to have your last period up till now or go to the doctor.

• Gig

Yep, ultrasound.

Technitions will measure the baby's head circumfrence, abdomen circumfrence and femer length and compare it to a chart... that'll give you your approximate gestational age. The earlier the ultrasound the more accurate it'll be.

ultrasound, blood test, date of first day of last normal period.

Dr.s can usually get an idea from an ultrasound

• delk

no person yet a rfile. can answer that... July might have in basic terms been recognizing in spite of the undeniable fact that it additionally might have been a era....And as to your previous miscarriage, do no longer enable that rigidity you, I had one too in Jan. 09 and went directly to get pregnant Oct 09 and have a healthful 2 300 and sixty 5 days previous and that i'm 14wks with my 2nd.